I was too busy eating yummy muffins to take a picture just after I baked them, so when I actually went to write this blog entry, I only had two left and not the prettiest two! Though in my own defense, my boyfriend ate a bunch and I gave a dozen away.
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
One 6 oz container soy yogurt, plain or vanilla
1 1/2 cups rice milk
1/3 cup apple sauce
1/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
1 1/2 cups diced rhubarb
zest of one orange
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with papers.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, mix together the sugars, yogurt, milk, applesauce, oil, and zest.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just mixed.
5. Fold in the strawberries and rhubarb
6. Fill the cup nearly full with batter (it will be thick). Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops of the muffins bounce back when gently pressed. (Or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, whichever you like)