Monday, July 7, 2008

What's for Lunch?

I decided to take a picture of my lunch box today while I was photographing other foodstuffs in the kitchen. This is fairly typical for a lunch for me. I use a Laptop Lunchbox because I like the portion controlling and because I don't have to waste a lot of baggies and things. I usually fill one large container with a "main dish" which generally has some sort of whole grain, protein, and veggies (usually dinner leftovers), one small container with raw veggies, the closed container with fruit, and the last small container with dessert. This is slightly different since I didn't have a protein in the large container, so I put one in one of the small ones.


Clockwise from top left:
Cantaloupe, strawberries and blueberries
Blueberry Lemon Bread
Browned tofu and crimini mushrooms
Pasta salad

I made the pasta salad specifically to bring for lunches this week. I don't have a recipe since I sort of winged it as I went along, but this is about what I used...

1/4 lbs dilatini pasta, cooked and drained, tossed with...
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/4 cup corn
1/2 large stalk celery, diced
6 baby carrots, diced
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
6 black olives, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp dry basil
Salt and pepper

I would have put in some garlic powder but I was fresh out. It's really yummy. I had to put it away as soon as I was done making it because I was going to keep nibbling, and I wanted to save it for lunches!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love seeing pictures of other people's laptop lunches, yay. This one looks really good.