Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pineapple Miso Marinade

Let me begin this entry by saying I don't have a pretty picture of this. You can barely even see any tofu for all the veggies, but it was delicious.

I invented this tofu marinade out of things I had around, and my desire to eat tofu in some sort of marinated fashion. This pineapple-miso marinade has some nice sweet and sour action going on. I marinated tofu cubes in it for 24 hrs, then I baked them in about a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes or so until they were firm and chewy and golden, then I tossed them in a stir fry made with the leftover marinade, thickened with some cornstarch. Of course you could do whatever you like with the tofu... I won't stop you!


Pineapple Miso Marinade

1 cup hot water
2 tsp miso
1/4 cup tamari
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 gloves of garlic, pressed or grated
2 tsp sesame oil

Add the miso to the water and stir until dissolved. Add everything else, and mix it well, then add about 1 lbs of tofu to marinate. The longer the better!

No comments: