Thursday, October 1, 2009

VEGAN MOFO!!


It's that time of the year again... VEGAN MONTH OF FOOD TIME! (aka Vegan MoFo) It couldn't come at a better time for me because I completely slacked on the blogging through September, but I've been saving up pictures and recipes waiting for this day to come!! I'm going to try to post as much as possible in October, even if I don't have a new recipe every day.

I'm gonna kick this one off with a picture of my favorite part of my NYC trip this summer (okay, second favorite part -- first favorite was getting engaged!) -- A trip to Lulas! I'd been looking forward to it for months. One of my all time favorite treats is a vanilla soft serve ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles. I haven't had one in years, and when I found out Lulas served soft ice cream, I couldn't wait to go. The soft serve flavors that night were Cake Batter and Chocolate, so barring vanilla, I had a swirl cone with both. It was so yummy. The boy had a rocky road cone that was also delicious. We ate a bunch of other vegetarian places while we were in the city, some better than others, and yet these were the only food pics I took.

Me looking quite crazed about my ice cream.

The Boy, looking much less crazed, but still happy.

2 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Congratulations on your engagement and YAY! for ice-cream.
Happy Mofo'ing!
:)

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Too much cuteness! And mmm...ice cream.